Dear Parents and Guardians,
I would like to welcome the school community to the 2018-2019 School Year! We are looking forward to working with all of you this year on behalf of Coast Mountains learners, and continue to make progress towards our district goals.
Shared Vision …“Coast Mountains School District: creating opportunities for learning, opportunities for life.”
District Goals … Raise literacy and numeracy levels for all of our learners. Graduation for every learner; crossing the stage with dignity, purpose and options. Enhance learner engagement, opportunities and choice through personalized learning.
I look forward to continue leading the way to turn these goals into reality, and I hope you will all join the Board of Education, School District 82 staff and myself in this quest for successful learning.
School Opening … the first day of school will be Wednesday, September 5. We have well established routines and we will follow our normal opening day routines with a shortened first day. Buses will make their morning runs at the usual time on September 5 with their return runs after students have been in attendance for approximately two hours. Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary School students please reference below for September 5 start times. As you will know, these first days allow us to greet students, set preliminary enrolment and then prepare in earnest for the coming school days. Our first full day of school will be Thursday, September 6 with regular school hours and bus runs in effect. Bus routes and school start times are provided below.
If you require information on which school your child should attend, please call (250) 638-4401 or 1-855-635-4931, Local 4401.
We look forward to welcoming your children in our schools on September 5.
Superintendent of Schools
Kindergarten pupils are requested to begin attending
on the date arranged by the school. Pupils not pre-registered should register on the
SCHOOL OPENING – SEPTEMBER 5, 2018 FOR ALL STUDENTS
at the times as listed in the following 2018-2019 CMSD82 Return to School Messages
which will run in local newspapers in preparation for the new school year.
- On September 5 only, buses for all schools will make their morning runs at the usual time and their return runs after students have been in attendance for approximately two hours.
- On September 5, Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary School, Grades 7 and 8, report to the large gym at 9:00 a.m.; Grades 9 to 12, report to their home room at 12:30 p.m. A second bus run for Mount Elizabeth Secondary will begin at 11:40 a.m. on September 5.
REGULAR SCHOOL HOURS AND BUS RUNS WILL COMMENCE
ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2018.
SCHOOL DISTRICT 2018-2019 BUS SCHEDULES/ROUTES
(above links provide one PDF file for each respective area with all bus routes/stops)
Terrace: School buses will only be provided to students living outside the city boundaries. Those students living within city boundaries should consult the Terrace Regional Transit System for scheduling information and rates at 250-635-2666.
Should you have questions or concerns regarding bus routing and scheduling the following steps are suggested:
1) Contact your child’s/children’s School Principal.
2) Contact the Operations Manager at Diversified Transportation bus lines at 250-635-7042 or 1-855-538-5287 for out of town.
In preparation for the 2018-2019 School Year, please find the School Supplies Lists as provided by Coast Mountains School District schools:
- Bear Valley School – 2018-19 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 12)
- Ecole Mountainview – 2018-19 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Hazelton Secondary School – 2018-19 Supplies List (Grades 8 & 9)
- Kildala Elementary School – 2018-19 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6, English & French Programs)
- Kitwanga Elementary School – 2018-19 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Majagaleehl Gali Aks Elementary School – 2018-19 Supplies Listing (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Mount Elizabeth Middle-Sec. School – 2018-19 Supplies List (Grades 7 & 8, English & French Programs)
- Nechako Elementary School – 2018-19 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- New Hazelton Elementary School – 2018-19 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 7)
- Skeena Middle School – 2018-19 Supplies Listing (Grades 7 to 9)
- Thornhill Elementary School – 2018-19 Supplies Listing (Grades 4 to 6)
- Uplands Elementary School – 2018-19 Supplies List (Kindergarten to Grade 6)
- Cassie Hall Elementary School, Suwilaawks Community School and Thornhill Primary School provide classroom supplies to students for a fee. Parents/Guardians will be provided information during the first week of school.
- Caledonia Secondary School, Hazelton Secondary School (Grades 10-12), Parkside Secondary School, Kitimat City High School and Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary School (Grades 9-12) provide information relating to classroom supplies to students during the first week of school.
Should you require further information, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to Coast Mountains’ students return to school on September 5, 2018.
Have a wonderful summer!
For your reading enjoyment, please find the second issue of the CMSD82 Innovates quarterly bulletin which shares innovative initiatives and projects within Coast Mountains School District 82. To view the bulletin, please click on the link below:
This second issue features original and creative programs from schools across our district that strive to make a difference in the lives of our students. We hope you will be inspired by these innovative and student-centered learning programs.
We encourage you to share the CMSD82 Innovates quarterly bulletin with students, families and friends.
The next quarterly bulletin of CMSD82 Innovates will be issued in September 2018.
Superintendent of Schools
Dear CMSD82 Employee,
On March 23, 2018 SmartFindExpress performed an update which has led to some on-call employees receiving calls but being unable to connect to the system.
Included in the update is the following new feature as shared by SmartFindExpress:
- We have a new option that is not turned on for your district. The option will need the sub to only enter their pin, and there is a playback to verify what was entered. This new option has helped reduce many invalid entry phone issues for the subs.
- You will want to notify the subs that when the system calls they will just need to enter in their pin only. The system will play back the digits received and then they can confirm or re-enter.
SmartFindExpress believes that turning on this feature will resolve the issues of on-call employees being unable to connect.
- Effective April 6, 2018 after morning call-out we will activate this feature.
- Beginning the evening call-out on April 8 onward you will only need to enter your PIN and * to log in to SmartFindExpress
Should you experience any issues, please include as much information as possible (date, time, job number, nature of the issue) and email email@example.com.
If you have questions or you require immediate assistance, please contact Richard Anderson, Automated Dispatch Help Desk Clerk at 250-638-4439 or 1-855-635-4931, Local 4439 between the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Human Resources Officer