2019-2020 CMSD82 New Student Registration & Cross-Boundary Application Notice (click on link to open)
School District 82 Policy 1030 outlines student attendance/catchment area procedures in accordance with Ministry of Education policies on Schools of Choice. It is important that parents take note of specific deadlines defined within this policy and ensure the procedures listed below are followed:
- Students must be registered at their catchment area school.
- Cross Boundary/Out-of-Catchment Applications: After registering at your catchment area school, applications must be received at your school of choice by February 14, 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Confirmation of Cross Boundary Applications: By the first Friday following school opening, or as soon as possible following this date, pending staffing allocations and school configurations. Unsuccessful applicants may be held on a waiting list for the subsequent school year. Parents/guardians applying for Cross Boundary status are advised the decisions related to Cross Boundary Applications may not be decided until the first week of school in the 2019-2020 school year. Parents/guardians, therefore, must register first at their catchment area school.
- New In-Catchment Registrations: Registrations will be received up to March 15, 2019 for new students including Kindergarten. Applications received after this date will have to wait until school staffing is complete before receiving status of school enrolment. Wait-listed students who are in catchment area may be moved as soon as space is available.
- Notification of In-Catchment: Wait-listed in-catchment area students will be notified of their status for the school year as soon as possible or by the first Friday following school opening.
- Cross Boundary/Out-of-Catchment Students: Those students who do not live within the defined attendance areas for the school they wish to attend.
- In-Catchment Students: Those students who live in the attendance areas defined for each school.
Inquiries regarding catchment areas should be directed to the principal of the school.
For your convenience, provided below is the 2018-2019 CMSD82 School Principals Listing with contact numbers.
CMSD82 2018-2019 School Principals & School Contact Information
(click on link to open)
Coast Mountains’ schools and the Board of Education Office will be closed on Monday, November 12, 2018 in observance of Remembrance Day, and will re-open as regularly scheduled on Tuesday, November 13.
Remembrance Day assemblies will be held throughout our school district on Friday, November 9.
On this Remembrance Day, we pay tribute to those past and present who served our country with courage and compassion. Lest we forget …
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I would like to welcome the school community to the 2018-2019 School Year! We are looking forward to working with all of you this year on behalf of Coast Mountains learners, and continue to make progress towards our district goals.
Shared Vision …“Coast Mountains School District: creating opportunities for learning, opportunities for life.”
District Goals … Raise literacy and numeracy levels for all of our learners. Graduation for every learner; crossing the stage with dignity, purpose and options. Enhance learner engagement, opportunities and choice through personalized learning.
I look forward to continue leading the way to turn these goals into reality, and I hope you will all join the Board of Education, School District 82 staff and myself in this quest for successful learning.
School Opening … the first day of school will be Wednesday, September 5. We have well established routines and we will follow our normal opening day routines with a shortened first day. Buses will make their morning runs at the usual time on September 5 with their return runs after students have been in attendance for approximately two hours. Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary School students please reference below for September 5 start times. As you will know, these first days allow us to greet students, set preliminary enrolment and then prepare in earnest for the coming school days. Our first full day of school will be Thursday, September 6 with regular school hours and bus runs in effect. Bus routes and school start times are provided below.
If you require information on which school your child should attend, please call (250) 638-4401 or 1-855-635-4931, Local 4401.
We look forward to welcoming your children in our schools on September 5.
Superintendent of Schools
Kindergarten pupils are requested to begin attending
on the date arranged by the school. Pupils not pre-registered should register on the
SCHOOL OPENING – SEPTEMBER 5, 2018 FOR ALL STUDENTS
at the times as listed in the following 2018-2019 CMSD82 Return to School Messages
which will run in local newspapers in preparation for the new school year.
- On September 5 only, buses for all schools will make their morning runs at the usual time and their return runs after students have been in attendance for approximately two hours.
- On September 5, Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary School, Grades 7 and 8, report to the large gym at 9:00 a.m.; Grades 9 to 12, report to their home room at 12:30 p.m. A second bus run for Mount Elizabeth Secondary will begin at 11:40 a.m. on September 5.
REGULAR SCHOOL HOURS AND BUS RUNS WILL COMMENCE
ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2018.
SCHOOL DISTRICT 2018-2019 BUS SCHEDULES/ROUTES
(above links provide one PDF file for each respective area with all bus routes/stops)
Terrace: School buses will only be provided to students living outside the city boundaries. Those students living within city boundaries should consult the Terrace Regional Transit System for scheduling information and rates at 250-635-2666.
Should you have questions or concerns regarding bus routing and scheduling the following steps are suggested:
1) Contact your child’s/children’s School Principal.
2) Contact the Operations Manager at Diversified Transportation bus lines at 250-635-7042 or 1-855-538-5287 for out of town.
For your reading enjoyment, please find the second issue of the CMSD82 Innovates quarterly bulletin which shares innovative initiatives and projects within Coast Mountains School District 82. To view the bulletin, please click on the link below:
This second issue features original and creative programs from schools across our district that strive to make a difference in the lives of our students. We hope you will be inspired by these innovative and student-centered learning programs.
We encourage you to share the CMSD82 Innovates quarterly bulletin with students, families and friends.
The next quarterly bulletin of CMSD82 Innovates will be issued in September 2018.
Superintendent of Schools