B.C. Government Programs
- Coast Mountain School District 82
- The Province of British Columbia – Home
- Ministry of Education – Government of British Columbia
- Home – KnowBC – the leading source of BC information
- British Columbia Teachers’ Federation
Bullying and Social Issues
- Helping Kids Deal With Bullies
- A parent guide for dealing with bullying in elementary schools
- Be Web Aware – Cyberbullying
First Nations Resources
- About The First Nations in BC Portal | First Nations in British …
- BC First Nations Coordinators Handbook – Handbook Resources
- CanTeach: Links – First Nations
- Coastal First Nations – Turning Point Initiatives Homepage
- Haisla Tourism website
- Haisla First Nation website
- First Nations Peoples of British Columbia Map – BC Ministry of …
- First Nations Education Centre (resource centre located in Terrace, B.C.)
- First Nation Communities Read Program Announces 2011-2012 Book Selection
French Immersion Resources
- Atlas of Canada in French
- Canadian Parents for French
- Canadian Parents for French Early Childhood Activity Book
- Academie Francaise Dictionary
- Illustrated French Dictionary
- French Translation and Dictionary
- French Verb Conjugation
- French Verb and Grammar Help
- French Grammar Quizzes
- French Grammar Lessons & Activities at About.com
- www.wordreference.com (An online dictionary with a very useful forum on the bottom of the page which explains how to accurately translate idioms or vernacular forms of expressions that you may not find in a traditional dictionary)
- http://bonpatron.com/ (Paste in text written in French and this online editor will show you what mistake you made and give suggestions on how to fix it. This was developed in conjunction with Faculté Saint Jean and is very helpful!)
- http://www.les-verbes.com/conjuguer.php?verbe=etre&submit.x=0&submit.y=0 (A terrific site in which you type in the verb and it shows you how all of the conjugations in all tenses and modes. For now, we are only using the ‘présent de l’indicatif’)
- http://www.conjugaison.pour-enfants.fr/jeux-de-conjugaison/avoir-present.htm (pick your verb and then you type in the answer in the box. Simple and quick.)
- http://www.pommemarina.com/jeux.php?niv=n3# (A neat site full of a variety of French games in math as well as one verb game. You have to scroll down to find it. Choose “niveau 1″ and then pick your verb like”aller” and the “présent de l’indicatif” tense. They you type in your answer and away you go!)
- http://www.conjugaison.fr/conjugaison-apprendre-a-conjuguer-les-verbes-par-le-jeu.htm (pick the verb from the list and put the puzzle pieces together to match the correct endings with the right subject)
Games and Printables (crafts etc.)
- BrainPOP – Animated Educational Site for Kids – Science, Social …
- Destination ImagiNation – Home Page Official site for this team based, creative problem solving program. Includes program overview, registration, challenge summaries, and links to regional affiliates.
- DLTK’s Printable Crafts for Kids
- FunBrain.com – The Internet’s #1 Education Site for K-8 Kids and …
- FamilyFun Crafts, Activities, Recipes & Other Ideas for Kids …
- Invention at Play – Explore the playful side of invention.
- Learning Games For Kids
- Lots of Games on the TFO website
- Language Games
- Make magic with Magie Gi in French and English!
- Mastermind – I know it’s just a game! But, this game really makes you, or your students, use logical reasoning. Give it a try.
- Mr. Nussbaum – An interactive website designed specifically for students in Grades K – 8
- National Geographic – Inspiring People to Care About the Planet …
- Paint By Number -The Art of “Piecful” Imaging – Color by Number in the Digital Age!
- PBS KIDS: Educational Games, Videos and Activities For Kids!
- Sesame Street – A place for kids to have fun! Games, stories, art, music and many other activities.
- Starfall’s Learn to Read with phonics
- Word Searches and Crosswords in French
Health and Families
- ADHD, Special Needs, Gifted and Other Resources for Exceptional Children
- F.O.R.C.E. Society for Kids Mental Health Helping parents deal with anxiety in children
- Healthy Families BC
- Healthy at school
- Today I Ate A Rainbow (Making healthy eating fun for children)
Kildala Program Websites
- adventure parks [PDF – 181 KB]
- Community Literacy Resources
- Kitimat – Home (District of Kitimat website)
- Kitimat, BC (Map of Kitimat)
- Kitimat Transit System
- Kitimat Child Development Centre
- Kitimat Community Services Society, Employment, Literacy, Training
- Kitimat Museum and Archives
- Kitimat Public Library Association
- Mount Elizabeth theatre
Newspapers and Magazines for Kids (online)
- Dig – the archaeology magazine for kids
- National Geographic for Kids
- Scholastic for Kids
- Science Daily
- Welcome to Owl kids Online | Discover a World of Fun! | Award …
French Books, Newspapers and Magazines
- Bayard Milan French Magazines for Children and Teenagers: read …
- La fille d’en face Captures imaginations and TD Canadian Children’s Literature Award
- 1jour1actu – Les clés de l’actualité junior | Le premier site d’infos des …
- Bayard Jeunesse Canada publishes a series of excellent magazines which are geared for a French international audience with a focus on the French Canadian culture.
- canoe.ca FAMILLE
- Les Débrouillards is a French language science magazine for kids.
- Francopresse.ca is a website that features news articles from Francophone newspapers throughout Canada.
- La Recherche is France’s most well-known monthly science magazine.
- La Source Newspaper is a Vancouver based French-English newspaper.
- French (Scholastic French Magazines for Kids)
- ZigZag is a online magazine from Europe that publishes articles in French on their website that can be used as effective language learning tools.