If a child is not well enough to participate in all aspects of the program, the child may be too sick to attend the centre.
Symptoms of illness
- Fever (38 degrees celsius or 100.4 degrees fahrenheit or higher)
- Diarrhea/ vomiting (2 to 3 times in 3 to 4 hours)
- Communicable diseases (not including a mild upper respiratory tract infection)
- Very congested cough or cold
- Red or runny eyes and ears
- Lethargy, irritability, drowsiness with symptoms and or persistent pain
- Cough (frequency of 3-5 times per hour, especially if choking or vomiting occurs)
- An inflamed rash or weeping sores
- Severe undiagnosed itching, lice or scabies
Children that arrive with symptoms of illness will be asked to be taken home or parent’s of the child may be asked to present a Doctor’s note confirming that the child is not infectious.
Upon parent/ guardian request, the Teacher will contact the Health Department for advice regarding child illness or health concerns.