- The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is a committee made up of parents from our school community. The PAC meet monthly throughout the school year to discuss a wide variety of matters including upcoming school activities, events, policies/practices, and fundraising as required. The principal attends each meeting.
What is the Mission of the PAC?
To enhance the communication within the school community and to promote a positive team effort in order to achieve the most effective education for all students.
What is the Role of the PAC?
- To advise the principal and/or School Board on any school matters including those related to policy and programs, activities and school improvements.
- To participate in school reviews and to receive feedback on actions taken.
- To promote co-operation between the home and the School.
- To support and encourage pride & confidence in the School.
- To be accountable to the School Community for PAC activities & expenditures.
What happens at a PAC meeting?
- At each meeting, the Principal and/or Teacher representative gives a “School Report”. This report usually includes a summary of past and upcoming events and activities at the school; may address any overall current concerns or issues at the school; updates on staffing changes; seeking parents’ input on the School Plan.
- The PAC President will report on new or on-going initiatives being undertaken by the PAC. These may include fund-raising activities to support school events and/or needs (technology needs, support for cultural activities, development of playground); planning for annual events such as the year-end potluck and talent show.
- The Treasurer presents a monthly financial statement.
- An Open Forum is always provided to allow anyone the opportunity to share any general comments, concerns or ask questions. Any specific matters that a parent may have related to them or their child at the school should be brought forward to their individual teacher and/or the Principal. PAC’s role is not to be an advocate for or intervene on behalf of a parent.
How can I join the Kildala PAC?
Any member of the school community may join PAC. New members are nominated at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), held each year in September. A person may be nominated by another person from the school community or may nominate themselves. An executive (President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary) is elected at the first meeting of the PAC, following the AGM.
Any member of the school community may attend a PAC meeting!
Why should I join PAC or come out to a PAC meeting?
- To find out more about what is happening in your child’s school and to have some input.
- To meet and get to know other parents and the school staff.
- To feel better connected to your child’s school as a whole, and not just to individual classes.
- To help enhance your child’s educational experience.
When does the PAC meet?
The PAC meets once a month in the community kitchen at Kildala School.