The role of parents and guardians in our program is to:
- Join circle time and try to encourage your child to participate.
- If your child is having a difficult time or troubles focusing, he may want to move to a quiet place or different activity until wanting to return.
- Read at least 5-10 minutes with your child; try to get your child to guess what might happen on the next page. This helps to expand their imagination and their vocabulary.
- Remember that art or creative activities do not have a “right or wrong way”, this is the child’s time to explore, create and enjoy!
- Families are encouraged to share their own cultural music/ books etc. Feel free to participate in any activities that you feel comfortable in sharing with the group; whether it may be singing a song, reading a story or sharing an art activity that the children can take part in.
- Sign the daily attendance sheet.
- Families are responsible for their children at all times.
- Encourage your child to experience new activities as well as new friends.
- Assist your child with cleaning before moving to the next activity.
- Promote sharing, turn taking and being respectful to themselves, others and yourself.
- Use appropriate language and quiet voices while in school.
- Use descriptive words that are simple and clear to help increase your child’s vocabulary. i.e.: “This is a blue truck, and you have a yellow car”